- BrandTianhe Oil Group
- Country of manufactureChina
Kelly is main driver of the whole drill string. It transmits torsional energy from the rotary table through the drill string to the bit at the bottom of the hole. TIANHE Kelly is a long square or hexagonal, precision machined heavy steel bar that is supported by the swivel through the rotary table and is connected to the first joint of drill pipe in the drill string.
TIANHE Kelly has been approved by NS-1 certification. Straightness of the kelly is very crucial in the manufacturing process, thus straightness inspections are carried out before, during and after each machining operation. The flats are precision-milled to API and NS-1 specifications. All milling processes are performed on specially designed rigid Kelly mills to ensure tight tolerances and high quality drive sections. Each TIANHE Kelly is furnished with a pressed steel thread protectors.
Features and Benefits
● Manufactured from AISI 4145H-modified, fully heat-treated alloy steel with a Brinell hardness range of 285-341 and a minimum average Charpy impact value of 40 ft-lbs;
● Ends and drive sections, IDs and connections are machined and inspected to API and NS-1 specifications;
● Inspected ultrasonically over the full length and section;
● Shipped in a protective steel-cased scabbard;