Sodium hydroxide, caustic rubbed, the caustic soda
Sodium caustic firm - the substance of white color able to have an appearance of granules, scales or fused weight. Is hygroscopic, it is well dissolved in water. At dissolution allocates a significant amount of heat. Sodium caustic in the liquid state - liquid, colourless or painted in which the deposit can take shape. Chemical formula: NaOH.
Sodium caustic, or the caustic soda, is used in various industries, and also for domestic needs. Scope of application:
- pulp and paper industry (production of paper, a cardboard, artificial fiber, plates from wood fiber);
- chemical industry (neutralization of acids and oxides, use as reagent or the catalyst in chemical reactions, for titration in the chemical analysis, for aluminum titration, in production of pure metals, for production of oils, etc.);
- for production of biodiesel fuel (it is got from vegetable oils and serves as a substitute of usual diesel fuel);
- light industry (production of silk, bleaching of fabrics);
- automobile production (participates in production of alkaline accumulators);
- food industry (washing of the equipment; restrictedly - for production and processing of food). Is the registered E524 nutritional supplement.