Synonyms: sodium acetate, acetic acid, sodium salt; Eng .: sodium acetate, sodium salt of acetic acid.
1. CAS Nr. 127-09-3 (anhydrous sodium acetate); 6161-90-4 (sodium acetate trihydrate).
3. Preparation of: reacting sodium carbonate or sodium hydroxide with acetic acid or its esters, the dry distillation of wood with sodium carbonate and others.
4. Molecular weight: 82.03 (anhydrous sodium acetate); 136.08 (sodium acetate trihydrate)
5. Empirical formula: C2H3O2Na (anhydrous sodium acetate); C2H3O2Na • 3H2
6. Structural formula: CH3-CO-ONa.
7. Suppliers of "Ingreda"
8. The use in the meat industry: as a buffering agent and preservative.
Of all the acetic acid salts, the most popular in the meat industry uses sodium diatsetet. Usually it is used in combination with sodium lactate and / or potassium. This mixture is particularly effective against L.monocytogenes growth suppression. Standard formulation comprises a mixture of lactate and 60% 4, 6 or 8% diacetate, and its dosage is 25-30 g / kg.
With regard to sodium acetate, its use in the mixture diacetate as an alternative due to the influence of elevated dosages (6 and 8%) of the latter on taste and flavor characteristics of the final product. However, it should take into account the fact that the effectiveness of a mixture of sodium acetate, lactic acid salts significantly inferior in functionality such combination with sodium diacetate.
9. The regulatory acts of Ukraine: up to 09.08.2015, the sodium acetate is included in the list of additives authorized for use in the food industry in Ukraine. However, the Cabinet of Ministers № 692 from 09.08.2015 of the action list, as well as a number of other regulations were suspended (http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/692-2015-п.).
10. Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (ºC) number 1333/2008