Reducer worm — one of classes of mechanical reducers. Reducers are classified by type of mechanical transfer . The reducer is called worm by the form the worm gear which is in a reducer, transferring and transforming a torque. The screw which is the cornerstone of a worm gear is externally similar to a worm, from here and the name. The worm reducer can be with one or more mechanical planetary transfers.
In a worm reducer increase in a torque and reduction of angular speed of an output shaft happens due to transformation of the energy concluded in the high angular speed and a low torque on entrance to a shaft.
The engine with the built-in worm reducer call worm the motor reducer.
CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION OF REDUCERS:
- loading constant and variable, one direction and reversive;
- work with periodic stops and long till 24 o'clock in days;
- rotation of shaft in any party;
- frequency of rotation of an entrance shaft no more than 1800 rpm;
- the atmosphere like I and II in accordance with GOST 15150-69 at dust content of air no more than 10 mg/m3;
- climatic modifications At, T for categories of placement 1-3 and climatic modifications of UHL and O for categories of placement 4 in accordance with GOST 15150-69