At the order of volume from 500 kg the cost of one kilogram of 39 UAH
Oxalic acid (etandiovy acid) represents colourless monoklinny hydroscopic crystals, easily water soluble, is limited - in ethyl alcohol and diethyl ether, insoluble in chloroform, petroleum ether and benzene.
Oxalic acid is dibasic saturated carboxylic acid. Belongs to strong organic acids. Possesses all chemical properties characteristic of carboxylic acids. Salts and ethers of oxalic acid are called oxalates. Oxalic acid forms ether and average acids, amides, acid chloride.
In the nature contains in sorrel, rhubarb and some other plants in free look and in the form of potassium oxalates and calcium.
Density is 1,36 g/cm ³. Melting temperature - 189,5 °C, sublimating temperature - 125 °C, decomposition temperature - 100-130 °C, decarboxylation temperature - 166-180 °C.
Chemical formula: C2H2O4
Use of oxalic acid.
- in chemical industry (organic synthesis, by production of plastic, ink, in synthesis of dyes, as component of pyrotechnic structures);
- in chemical metallurgy (as component of structures for purification of metals of rust, scum, oxides); - in analytical chemistry (as precipitator of rare earth elements);
- in microscopy (as bleach of cuts);
- in the textile and tanning industry (pickle in sittsepechataniye and when dyeing wool and silk, at skin tanning);
- by production of synthetic detergents (as bleaching and desinfectant, means for cleaning and removal of uric stone, salts of rigidity and rust);
- in cosmetics (as active additive in bleaching creams and creams from freckles);
- in systems of water treatment (chemical way of cleaning and decrease in water hardness, cleaning of heat carriers on the NPP);
- in medicine and pharmaceutics.