The design of "M1 Helmet" is based on a helmet of ECH (Enhanced Combat Helmet), ACH (Advanced Combat Helmet).
History of application of helmets is dated the first half of the III millennium BC, but the most active application of broneshlem began during World War I, for protection of the serviceman first of all from defeat a shrapnel.
Today to composite broneshlema the main demand - reliable protection against fragmental defeat as statistical data show what during modern armed conflicts to 80% of defeat of staff is a trauma from a splinter is made.
Main characteristics of broneshlem
• The external surface of broneshlem is covered with polyurethane anti-vandal, waterproof structure and painted by opaque molotkovy paint.
• Temperature of operation of broneshlem from - 40 °C to +50 °C.
• The streamline external surface of a helmet allows to fix lateral levels of a pikatina and the central fastening for the device of night vision.
• Deduction of a helmet on the head is carried out by system of adjustable belt tapes which has system of a suspension with 4-dot fastening. Belt tapes regulate deduction of a helmet on a chin and a nape of the person.
• In ears a helmet has cambers which allow to carry active earphones.
• On the lower contour broneshly it is framed with the polymeric edging.
Design stages and production of broneshlem at the enterprise
1. Process of design of a new helmet begins with definition of sector of the market on which the product will be focused. For this purpose the optimum model is defined and its 3D scanning is carried out. Process of contactless scanning is made directly at the enterprise.
2. The scannings of a 3D model received by method are exposed further to computer processing. Thus, in 3D - programs we receive mathematical model - a visual form of future broneshlem. At its this stage it is possible to visualize in detail with necessary openings and the line of cutting.
3. the 3D model on the screen of the computer does not give full visual perception of a helmet therefore we have the equipment for receiving on the 5-coordinate milling machine of plastic model of future helmet. This stage in design of broneshlem promotes receiving in the shortest possible time of the firm copy of future helmet that allows to define its possible shortcomings and of the 3D program to bring necessary specifications.
4. Production on the basis of own computer program of matrixes and punches by means of which broneshlema at the enterprise are made.
Tests of broneshlem at the enterprise
Depending on structure of a ballistic package of a helmet of its oskolkostoykost according to the STANAG 2920 standard, at the enterprise products with protection indicators on V50 from 500 m/s to 750 m/s are made. Also helmets are tested for a pulestoykost on the 1 and 2 class of protection of the standard of Ukraine. The main test which shows compliance of a broneshlem to its declared characteristics are interoperational ballistic tests which are carried out at the enterprise after receiving the formed ballistic cap.
Name of a position
|Size of possible
adjustments on the head
|Internal height, mm||175±2||170±2||165±2|
|Internal is long, mm||260±2||250±2||240±2|
|Internal width, mm||240±2||230±2||220±2|
|Area of ballistic protection||15 sq.dm||13,5 sq.dm||12 sq.dm|
protection of NIJ 0101.04
|Area of protection. Rigid cover, sq.dm||
Para of 9 mm,
boss of FMJ
|Big - 15,0||1,4±0,15|
|Average - 13,2||1,3±0,15|
|Small - 12,0||1,1±0,15|
Gun TT, caliber 7,62х25
|Big - 15,0||1,5±0,15|
|Average - 13,2||1,4±0,15|
|Small - 12,0||1,2±0,15|
Materials which are applied at the enterprise to formation of broneshlem
1. For composite broneshlem at the enterprise production of ballistic paraaramide fabric of Teyzhdin-Tvaron firm with the subsequent drawing on fabric polymeric thermoreactive binding is mastered is a receiving so-called prepreg. The Prepregovy technology allows to receive monolithic products of irregular shape, at the same time gives the chance of fast change of a form of broneshlem.
2. The second material from which broneshlema at the enterprise are formed is SVMPE (extremely-macromolecular polyethylene).