False arborvitae of Thujopsis dolabrata Variegata 40-60 C5
- Customer pickup,
- Transport company
- In detail
- BrandКомпания Арес
- Country of manufacturePoland
False arborvitae of Thujopsis dolabrata 'Variegata' 40-60 C5
False arborvitae (Thujopsis) — plant this. Cypress, among coniferous breeds one of the most decorative representatives. Contains only 1 look: The false arborvitae hanging, or Japanese — Th. dolabrata Sieb. et Zucc. In the homeland, in Japan, evergreen, monecious tree up to 35 m high, in culture — most often bush.
|Branches wide and flat, needles scale-like, densely pressed to escape, from above it is brilliant - green, from below with large white spots of stomas. Cones are same-sex: man's — on lateral branches, apical, single, cylindrical from 12-20 by opposite stamens; female cones — ovoid, single, apical, from 8-10 cross and opposite, thick, fleshy scales, from them upper and lower do not fructify. Cones are ligneous, roundish, with the upper ends unbent outside. Seeds oval with two narrow, leathery wings.|
In the homeland distinguish two forms:
- southern (var. australis Henry) — small tree with the thin trunk and the hanging escapes forming uzkopiramidalny krone. This form in culture since 1853;
- and Hondo (var. hondai Makino) — high tree up to 30 m high; branches are located more densely, than at typiform, leaves smaller and squeezed, lateral leaves stupid. Cones are larger, than at main type. Meets in northern Japan, is steadier, than typical.
Among set of garden forms are most interesting:
- (f. robusta) — powerful growth, fast-growing with typical krone;
- (f. altissima) — kolonnovidny, with the short, hanging-down escapes;
- folded (f. plicata) — magnificent tree with the hanging-down branches forming folds in the form of fan;
- edge (f. cristata) — with slightly curly, pectineal escapes; plakuchy (f. decumbens).