Technical calcium chloride
– it is applied in the chemical, forest and woodworking, oil, oil-processing and petrochemical industry, in refrigerating equipment, in construction and production of construction materials, in nonferrous metallurgy, at construction and operation of highways, and also as dehumidifier and to other purposes.
Calcium chloride is widely used in construction as antifrosty additive, and also accelerating agent for concrete and construction solutions. At addition of calcium chloride in composition of concrete, thermal reaction since reacting reagent "heats concrete from within" with water is observed, promoting fast skhvatyvaniye. Also CaCl2 is quite often used as deicing reagent for topping of roads to winter time: substance reacts with the water molecules which are in solid state and interferes with formation of ice crust which constitutes danger to pedestrians and motorists, and also facilitates work on cleaning of roads of snow and ice.
Calcium chloride at addition in solution or in concrete in number of 2% of the mass of cement has the following properties:
· consumption of cement is reduced by 10% at the invariable durability and setting time by 3 times decreases;
· durability of one-day concrete doubles;
· surface strength of concrete by 1,5 times – less chips on products increases, the trade dress is better;
· increase in strength of concrete by 10% (or 20% at invariable plasticity and reduction of water for 8%);
· "will reanimate" stale cements.
addition of calcium chloride in number of 1% of the mass of cement on influence on skhvatyvaniye of cement is equivalent to temperature increase of skhvatyvaniye on 15 – 20ºС.
Calcium chloride is issued three brands: calcinated, hydrated and liquid. Particle size of the calcium chloride which is let out in the form of scales and granules should not exceed 10 mm.
Calcium chloride is fire and explosion-proof, on extent of impact on organism belongs to substances of the 3rd class of danger.