- Country of manufactureKorea
ABS plastic. Akrilonitrilbutadiyenstirol. Plastic. ABS plastic Starex 0167 brand producer of Samsung. Polymers and copolymers.
ABS plastic Starex 0167 brand producer of Samsung
Akrilonitrilbutadiyenstirol, ABS plastic (chemical formula (C8H8) x · (C4H6) of y · (C3H3N) of z) — shock - resistant technical termoplasticheskayasmola on the basis of sopolimeraakrilonitril with butadiene and styrene (the name of plastic is formed of initial letters of names of monomers). Proportions can vary from 15 to 35% of acrylonitrile, 5 to 30% of butadiene and 40 yes 60% of styrene.
It is used for production:
- large details of cars (instrument guards, elements of manual control, radiator lattice)
- the body of major appliances, radio - and teleequipments, details of electric lighting and electronic instruments, vacuum cleaners, coffee makers, operating consoles, phones, fax devices, computers, monitors, printers, calculators, another household and office equipments
- body of industrial accumulators
- sport stock, weapon details
- bathroom equipment products
- switches, switches
- clerical products
- desktop accessories
- toys, meccanos
- suitcases, containers
- details of the medical equipment, medical accessories (gamma sterilization)
- smart cards (see the image)
- as the additive increasing heat resistance and/or improving pererabatyvayemost of compositions on the basis of PVC, the shock resistance of polystyrene reducing the price of polycarbonates.
Also ABS is widely used in extrusion 3D printers. Thanks to the glass transition temperature ABS plastic became popular in systems of fast prototyping — rather high that there were no undesirable deformations at small heating in living conditions, but rather low for safe extrusion by means of standard tools.